Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Writing Prompt from the Elven Realm of Writing

I had so much fun with this prompt! The prompt that the story is based off of is highlighted :)
                                                 *******************

“Eowena, you must make your choice.” I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. Neither choice had a positive outcome. If anything, both results for either choices would be distressing, to say the very least. I turned to face the enchanter.
“Do I have to choose now? Can’t it wait?” I pleaded with him, my eyes sparkling with tears. I brush them away, irritated with myself. I wasn’t suppose to cry. I promised them. I would stay strong for my people. The enchanter’s eyes softened, but he shook his head.
“I’m sorry, my child, but this choice cannot wait. You knew the consequences. You were aware of the risks involved.” I nodded. Me, or my people. I peered down the mountain, my people looking up at me, anxiously awaiting my decision. They would understand, I told myself, but deep down, I knew what I had to do. I turned back to face the enchanter. I spoke two words.
“I’m ready.” He nodded.
“Peace be with you, my child.” He backed away, leaving me space. Space to do what was required. However, I was still hesitant.
The clouds swirled around me as I stood on top of the mountain. Everyone at the bottom stared intently at me. I looked at the sky one last time, and made my choice. I would save my people. I gave the enchanter one last farewell glance. This was mostly his fault, of course, but it was much to late to blame him now. I closed my eyes, and took the leap. The wind rushed in my ears as I grew closer to the ground. However, I did not reach it. Just as it seemed as I was about to hit the earth, I changed direction, flying upward, the wind blowing my golden locks behind me. I soared up to the heavens. And I kept going.
Finally, I was there. A bright shining light, and the process was complete. I was a bright light that shone in the darkness. A star.
***************************
It's a bit short, but I had quite a bit of fun writing it.
~L.Rose

1 comment: