Sunday, June 5, 2016

FFWC Challenge #2

It's time for challenge #2! Way to go Team Fedora! Here are the prompts:
:





A Brave Influence


"Owena, why are you hiding behind me? What did you do?" I whirled around to face my best friend. She raised her hands defensively.
"Now wait a minute. Why do you automatically assume that I did something?" I raised an eyebrow. Owena grinned. "Fine, you got me." I rolled my eyes, not wanting to hear anything about it.  
"I don't want to know." I stopped her from speaking. She playfully glared at me.
"Luna, you have absolutely no room to talk. Remember when you snuck up on that faerie, and glued her wings together?" I couldn't help but laugh.
"You're a bad influence." I accused. She snickered.
"Honestly, we've been friends for so long, I can't remember which one of us is the bad influence." She retorted. I shook my head. I couldn't help but agree.
"If my parents only knew who I spend my time with..." I started, but just shook my head, a small smile forming. Owena glanced in my direction, while attempting to inconspicuously snatch an apple from a nearby vendor. 
"Seriously, why do your parents care so much? Don't they have better things to do with their time? Like-" She paused, dodging an incoming carriage. "Like rule the kingdom?" I sighed.
"You would think that." I stared at my feet. "They don't seem to care about much else." Owena paused from eating her stolen apple to glance up at me, concern in her sparkling blue eyes.
"I know that tone of voice, Luna. What's wrong?" I gulped, fighting back the tears that threatened to appear.
"It's Fidelia, my sister. She-she has the plague." Owena stared at me in shock, unable to find her voice. However, that didn't last for long.
"There's a cure. I've heard people talking. The Lark Faeries-their magic is the most powerful. Rumor has it they can cure those with the plague." I shook my head.
"Even if they could, know one has seen one in this area of the kingdom for decades. Not since my father outlawed them."
"We could find them. I've heard there's some up north. In fact..." Owena's glimmer of adventure sparkled in her eyes. "We could go now! We have no time to lose!"
"Owena, don't be ridiculous, we can't-let go of me!" She had grabbed my arm, and was dragging me to a carriage. 
"How much is a ride to Alantiana?" She asked the obviously ill-tempered dwarf.
"Twenty drakens, plus two corens." The dwarf glared at us. I met Owena's eyes. The price was higher than she had been prepared for, and she was obviously unsure how to proceed. I wasn't certain either. I knew that this plan was ridiculous, but...I had to save my sister.

To be continued....
*********************************
Well then! I honestly didn't expect this to turn into something else, but I obviously got a bit carried away, and I couldn't go on, as the five minutes were up. I can't wait to write the next part! Also, I'm pretty bad at titles...as you can probably tell. For me, the writing is usually easy, as long as I'm writers block and brain fog free, that is. It's the title that always gets me XD. Go Team Fedora!

~L.Rose 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Another cliffhanger! This was so good! And I know, you just want to keep writing more and more but then five minutes is up! XD You did such an awesome job! Go Team Fedora :D
    •Madi•

    ReplyDelete